I am somebody. I am me. I like being me. I need nobody to make me somebody. Novita Yuliantari's Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Wine Glass in the Shelf

A Wine Glass in the Shelf
By: Ni Wayan Novita Yuliantari

A wine glass, stand still inside the shelf
Need to be cherished, filled with hope
A wine glass, remembering itself
Hiding a deep scar, only hope

Its stem holding its want, love, and word
Till its beauty fades, lose its price
Holding a sweet pain of a sharp sword
Filled with longing of gentle voice

A wine glass in the shelf, wait a hand
Standing gathering dust forever
Waiting a powerful magic wand
Changing its sorrow, but never

Yearning to be filled with a sweet joy
No more accuse innocent shelf
Remember the day of a prized joy
Not shift for others, just itself


This poem is created based on my GELAS story.
Well, my poem “A Wine Glass in the Shelf” is actually about a woman who has patience and loyalty for someone. In this poem, the word “a wine glass” means a woman. This woman is different from another woman because of her heart. In this poetry, we can see that this wine glass is placed in the shelf and it is used just when it is needed. It means that though someone who is waited by this woman is usually need her just when he needs her and then forgets her when he does not need her anymore, this woman still hides her sorrow and pain. She just tries to remember day when she can feel joy with that man. Actually, she does not want to be cared only when that man needs her, but she wants to be with that man all the time. That is the reason why she is still patient and loyal to face the fact. Hopefully, he does not place her as a wine glass in the shelf anymore since she is not a replacement of other women places.
I hope this poem will inspire you about patience, sincerity and loyalty. But, as a woman, when we have huge crush on someone, we should clever enough to decide what we should do.
*) Thanks to Mr. Drummer who has inspired me to write this poem~
-Ni Wayan Novita Yuliantari-

No comments:

Post a Comment